StrictlySpiritual Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reiki questions

4 posters

Go down

Reiki questions Empty Reiki questions

Post  Martine Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:58 pm

Hello, I got attuned to second degree Reiki in September of last year. I have been practising on my friends and family but am yet to treat the public. Was wondering if anyone has any stories of how they knew they were ready to practice on the public?
Does anyone else get a bit of backache when doing Reiki? I am thinking of using a chair but there is not much room around the bench for this, and lastly I feel like my hands shake a bit when traeting the third eye and throat chakra anyone else get this? I look forward to receiving any advice you may have for me, thankyou. xx Martine
Martine
Martine

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Reiki questions Empty Reiki

Post  Lightmessenger Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:23 am

Hi Martine,
As you did your Reiki with me I thought I had better answer it lol!!! although you will be given advise from other members too, with regards to knowing when you are ready to treat the public, this differs from person to person, being at this level doesnt mean that you have to treat the public,but if this is the direction you want to go down then there are many things to consider as you know.
I think to be fair you will know in your heart when you are ready.
If you only have a small amount of space to work in, then it will cause a few probs as you most certainly need room to move round otherwise you will be forever conscious that you are not relaxed and comfortable and then you will worry about disturbing the client.
Iam sure my dear friend and my Reiki master "Soul Shepherd" will reply to this post.
As with any spiritual work it takes time to build up your clientele especially if your are not going to advertise.
Lots of love xxx
Lightmessenger
Lightmessenger
moderators
moderators

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Reiki questions Empty Re: Reiki questions

Post  Soul Shepherd Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:36 am

Hi Martine,

Firstly re the Reiki couch you are using, is it the correct height for you, as if you get one that is not the right height then this can cause backache, although this can still be a problem if you are doing healing proffessionally and have a lot of treatments booked for the day. One way round this which helped me, is to buy a special therapists seat, most of these are like a simple stool, and some have saddle shaped seats for extra support and these come on casters so are easy to move around the table and you can store them under the table also. If these are too expensive you could get a office type chair also on casters which again allows for easy movement around the table.

Another thing you could do is set up some distant healing for you to receive during the treatment which should ease your back pain a little, as Louise already mentioned, if you are in pain you wont relax and most of the energy that you draw down for the recipient will go to your own body to heal your back!!!

One of the Reiki books I gave my students until I wrote my own had a quote in it along the lines of You need to heal yourself first then others, otherwise you will be channelling energy for someone and as the energy goes through you, if you are in need of healing then the benefits for them are going to be diluted as the energy always goes first to where it is needed, so it is vital you are in tip top health yourself before healing another person.

A good way to test this before going commercial would be to have family and friends come round in the same day and see how many you are able to treat before you get pain, or feel worn out, otherwise you could have a full days of treatments planned and by the time you get to the last person you will be too tired to help them. Embarassed Crying or Very sad

Don't forget to have a business plan in place either, I did not do this and this is probably why I did not get enough income and had to go back to full time work, have a word with Louise as I know she did a course before setting herself up so is best placed to advise you as her and Tasha are both sucessful in this industry.

At the end of the day, if you feel ready to go out and treat strangers, then as long as you prepare yourself, test the market place and know how many people you can physically treat each day I am sure you will make a sucess of this.

Also don't forget to get liability insurance, there are lots of companies that do this for a reasonable fee, I am sure Louise can advise with this also.

Follow your heart at all times, but remember in this world today we need to also look at practical issues as there are at any time so many different possiblities on every dimension so the more we are prepared the better chance of success. If you are not sure you have enough income to get started then wait till you do, as there is nothing worse than being forced back to the daily grind due to lack of finance and being unable to do the work you feel you are born to do.

That said when I retire from mainstream I will go back to doing energy work, as I will not NEED an income then to pay my half of the bills Laughing

Good luck and hope your back gets better!
Soul Shepherd
Soul Shepherd
moderators
moderators

Number of posts : 33

http://www.reikifusion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Martine Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:44 pm

Thanks Elaine/Louise for all your replies, going to turn in for the night but I have taken your advice on board and have found both your posts very helpful and insightful. I look forward to returning here tomorow to reply to you both properley. Sweet dreams.

"S/he who binds to himself/herself a joy / Does the winged life destroy;/
But s/he who kisses the joy as it flies / lives in Eternity's sunrise

(From the mind,body and spirit diary I had to add in the she bits he he)
Martine
Martine

Number of posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post  rainbowbrite Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:07 pm

does any one have a good rekki leaflet which explains rekki, im trying to bring it in at work and have to put a case forward we do do accupuncture and indian head massage and reflexology but these are seen as more main streem in where i work and i need to be able to explain rekki without making it too spiritual which i know is hard but it would benefit my clients so much.

rainbowbrite

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Reiki questions Empty reiki

Post  Lightmessenger Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:49 pm

Hi Rainbow !!!,
How are you? hope you are feeling better and recovering nicely, we did put you on the healing list. Wink
Yes some people can be put off with anything spiritual, so i can understand why you want to keep it "earthly" so to speak.
You could say that Reiki is a practical Japanese holistic healing technique, which helps to bring balance and harmony to the mind,body & soul.
Reiki helps to stimulate the bodys natural healing ability,and can help remove physical or emotional blockages.
Reiki is also a wonderful stress buster and can help promote a deep level of relaxation.
You may like to emphasize the fact that Reiki is not attached to any religion or cult and that you do not need to have a belief system for Reiki to work.
I hope this helps you get started Gerri?
Iam sure you will get others responding to this post. bounce

Love lou xxx
Lightmessenger
Lightmessenger
moderators
moderators

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post  rainbowbrite Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:05 pm

thank you thats really helpful cant wait to get things going at work with the rekki
lots of love geri

rainbowbrite

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down