StrictlySpiritual Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Self love

4 posters

Go down

Self love Empty Self love

Post  Admin Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:43 am

Many people struggle with self acceptance and love of the self, please share any useful tips or techniques that you use or have used.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

Self love Empty Re: Self love

Post  rainbowbrite Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:09 pm

i find morning affermationas(not sure if thats the right spelling) when i was first advised to do this i really thought yeah right how can you change your minds set in that way but it really does work and when you stop doing them you really notice the difference this is just what i have found that has worked, i think its important to remember whatever you do to keep doing it as it is easy to feel good and stop doing what you are doing that makes you feel self love as that is my mistake i feel great and then think oh i can stop this now but it is a continuous thing as we are always changing and developing and experiancing new experiances that one thing wont always work and for me self love is an ongoing thing
this is just what i think you may think different
lots of love

rainbowbrite

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Self love Empty Self acceptance

Post  Lightmessenger Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:45 pm

Thanks for sharing that rainbow!!! i also use affirmations, people do not realise how powerful they really are and how much they help!!!

Most of us we have been programmed by our elders,siblings ,partners,teachers etc... for intance you may have been told as child that you are stupid, you grow up believing the statment to be true after all it was your mother that said it, so that means she has to be right???, and in your adult life you believe that you are indeed stupid and will never amount to anything!!
We are subject to too many negative influences, other people, the media etc... and the subconcious just loves to remind us of all the negative programming that we have all had, so by using positive affirmations we are indeed re educating the mind.!!

For those that do not know what an affirmation is:
It is a positive statement that we make about ourselves, our lives , or a situation, for eg, if i wanted to attract a new partner, i would say out loud " I am a unique individual and worthy of love"
When you use affirmations it is beneficial if you say these statments with conviction, feel it and really mean it.
You would say this statment out loud repeatedly for several days, ideally 21 days as it is known that it takes this amount of time to re-programme the brain.
Anyone else have any tips????
Lightmessenger
Lightmessenger
moderators
moderators

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Back to top Go down

Self love Empty Happy Song

Post  Soul Shepherd Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:51 am

Hi Everyone,

"Love thyself" is a well known phrase, and if you do not love yourself how can you expect others to, since each of us is unique and has our own special value in this time and nobody else is quite like us, even with twins, so celebrate being you, celebrate your uniqueness and your soul the real you deep inside the higher self which trys hard to guide you each day to do the right thing, this is YOU so you in turn must honour that spark of life that exists and love you for who you are.

A while ago now I bought an audio set by a man who is a kind of nlp coach to the sports industry, the course is exceptional and my favourite is a 3 minute ditty entitled Happy Song" i have it on tape and play it every single day on my way to work and I swear it is what gets me throught the day with minimal stress and helps me to elevate the moods of everyone around me. It is kind of typical english eccentric style but you cannot listen to it without smiling and it really boosts your self- esteem and helps you to love yourself.

I think everyone should have it and am going to try and contact the guy and ask him to produce the happy song in isolation to the whole set. You have to hear it to believe it really. What I may do is type up the lyrics into a word document then if anyone wanted a copy i could post it to them, then you could learn the words and sing it to yourself each day. I play it to close my meditation sessions and my group love it and everyone sings along and laughs it is really funny as well as uplifting.

I am off to work shortly so will try and do this tomorrow if anyone wants me to just ask.

Namaste alien farao
Soul Shepherd
Soul Shepherd
moderators
moderators

Number of posts : 33

http://www.reikifusion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Self love Empty Happy Song awsome video on you tube

Post  Soul Shepherd Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:43 am

hey

I could not believe it but mindbender has a cool video of you tube music of happy song to animated cat cartoon!

Watch this you will be so happy after, you will just have to smile, you can also by the single from his website for £1.99 it will be the best "=£2 you will ever have spent! Watch the video and enjoy

Sorry tash and Louise i hope you dont mind me putting the link in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaGO-9aYE_c
Soul Shepherd
Soul Shepherd
moderators
moderators

Number of posts : 33

http://www.reikifusion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Self love Empty Re: Self love

Post  Sponsored content